Do you sometimes need to replay the last 10 or 20 seconds of your video? You can do that with the SlingStudio Console app.
The SlingStudio Console app's instant replay feature offers one-touch instant replay with additional features such as:
- Adjustable replay clip duration
- Adjustable replay clip speed
- Adjustable replay volume
- Ability to mute other audio sources during instant replay
- Optional "Replay" bug/overlay while instant replay is happening
To use the SlingStudio Console app instant replay feature:
- Create a new project with the settings and video sources that you want.
- Preview one of your video sources and then promote it to the Program window.
- In the upper-left corner of the Console app screen, tap the menu (three horizontal lines) icon.
- Select Replay Settings ...
- Choose the instant replay settings that you want:
- Show REPLAY button on program video
Select this option if you want the REPLAY button to display. Deselect this option if you want to hide the REPLAY button.
- Replay video duration
Choose the duration you'd like for instant replay video, from 1 to 60 seconds.
- Replay video speed
Choose the speed you want for replay video: 0.25x, 0.5x, or 1x.
- Replay audio volume
Tap the current audio volume, then use the slider to choose the volume at which you want the replay video to play (or mute it entirely).
- Mute other audio sources during replay
Select to mute the audio coming from the other video sources while instant replay is occurring.
- Show REPLAY bug on replay video
Deselect this option if you don't want to display the REPLAY bug onscreen during instant replay.
- Tap the X in the upper-right corner to close the REPLAY SETTINGS box when you're done.
- Begin recording your video.
Note: You need to be actively recording to use the Replay feature.
- Select the transition type that you want to use for transitioning both to and from an instant replay event: Cut, Dissolve, or Wipe.
- When you're ready to use the instant replay feature, tap REPLAY.
- An Instant Replay control strip appears along the bottom of the Program window.
You can use this control strip to pause/play the replay video, as well as changing the replay speed, muting, and audio monitoring settings.
- The replay video appears temporarily in the fourth video source box, and (if selected) a REPLAY bug/overlay displays in the upper-right corner of the Program screen.
- Also, an EXIT REPLAY button appears so that you can terminate instant replay early if you want.
- When the instant replay duration that you set has been reached, instant replay stops.
NOTE: You cannot change Replay settings while a replay event is happening. Replay settings are grayed out (unavailable) while Instant Replay is occurring.
If you select instant replay before enough video has been recorded for the duration that you've selected, then the Console app replays what it has (which is just the video from the beginning of the recording).
For example, if you select an instant replay duration of 20 seconds, but you tap REPLAY after only 15 seconds of video has been recorded, then the instant replay feature replays that 15 seconds' worth of video (from the beginning of your recording to the point at which you tapped REPLAY).
And if you select REPLAY again at any point that's within the instant replay duration setting that you've chosen, then your instant replay includes a portion of the last instant replay … an instant replay of the instant replay, in other words!